Aviation conference organiser, RedCabin, has announced a new awards programme for professionals in the aircraft interiors industry – the RedCabin Trinity Awards. The awards are intended to celebrate the collaboration of the three key stakeholders in the aviation interiors industry: the inventor of a cabin-related concept; the organisation that deploys the concept – typically an airline, leasing company or airframe manufacturer; and RedCabin as the host of the awards scheme. The judging panel for the Trinity awards is exclusively made up of representatives from airlines and aircraft leasing companies.
The awards categories
The RedCabin Trinity Awards are designed to recognise excellence and innovation across the aircraft interiors industry. Awards will be judged against strict criteria including the likelihood of the concept becoming reality, any cost reductions or efficiency improvements achieved, and – most importantly – the concept’s ability to improve the passenger experience in an aircraft cabin.
Companies can enter the following categories:
- Passenger experience concept: this category covers all concepts for future products, including hardware and software experiences and digital services, that improve the passenger experience within the cabin.
- Cabin service concept: this category covers concepts for future service models and products that are beneficial for airlines and – ideally – passengers.
- Cabin MRO concept: this category celebrates the best innovation that can further develop cabin-related MRO products, services and processes.
- Sustainability concept: this category celebrates the best concepts for sustainable products, processes and services within an aircraft cabin to drive a circular economy.
- Collaboration excellence: this category rewards excellence in collaboration, across at least three different parties, all contributing to the success of a new product, service or industry standard.
- Newcomer/start-up: this award is for organisations younger than two years’ old that have created a cabin concept that will have a major impact on aviation. The start-ups can submit a concept related to one of the first four categories.
- Best of RedCabin: this category honours the speaker, moderator or workshop leader at a RedCabin ACIS that reinforces the unique culture of RedCabin, as voted for at the summit.
- Influential/lifetime achievement: this award recognises the outstanding contribution of an individual to the industry over a sustained period of excellence – rewarding contribution, commitment and achievement.
Timeline for the RedCabin Trinity Awards
The awards are open for entries from 9th November 2023, with the entry period closing on 15th December 2023. A judging panel of airlines and air leasing companies will meet to review the awards before a shortlist is announced in March 2024. The finalists will be announced in April 2024, and the winners will be announced at a ceremony at RedCabin’s Aircraft Interiors Innovation Summit (ACIS) in Dallas, USA on 13th June 2024. The Boeing Company is confirmed as the first headline sponsor of the awards.
Founder and Chief Executive of RedCabin, Monica Wick commented: “These awards pioneer the importance of collaboration in aviation interiors. RedCabin is dedicated to bringing the industry together in the firm belief that innovation is inspired by cooperation. We created these awards to celebrate the concepts, products and services that will materially improve the in-cabin experience in the future – for airlines and, ultimately, travelling passengers.”
US ACIS 2024, hosted by American Airlines
The awards will be an integral part of RedCabin’s ACIS in Dallas, hosted by American Airlines, and taking place from 12-14 June 2024. The event will showcase passenger experience innovation from airframe manufacturers, airlines and suppliers, and will cover issues such as delivering a 21st Century cabin experience for the next generation of supersonic and evTOL aircraft. The full agenda will be revealed first at https://www.linkedin.com/company/redcabin/ and at https://twitter.com/RedCabin_Events.